Sunday, February 3, 2008

Camels

Camels were a novelty when we first came to Dubai 10 years ago, November 1997. We would see them around the city in trucks, along the side of the road and in the desert. Every camel we saw would bring us to a standstill and we marvelled at the sight of them. Now we have to drive at least 30 miles out of the city to see a camel in the desert. The closest we get in the city is at the camel race track. Since camels are associated with the desert and Dubai is built in the middle of one (desert not camel), I'd thought I'd share with you some pictures I've accumulated over the years.

Riding a camel is easy - getting off and on is difficult. They bend at 45 degree angles a couple of times in the process. I went head over heels for one camel:-) I don't have pictures of that and if I did, I probably wouldn't put them on my blog, but here are pictures of the process.





WHEW!!!!!




Baby camels can be quite cute...and come in many different colors, well at least 3.





.....speak no evil....(no they don't make these for teenagers- I've checked.....)




Smile for the camera!!!!!




Camel shower!!!!!






1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I'm sooooo glad I did! Now I will stalk you and see what's going on in your world. :) Hope you guys are doing well!